BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mexico Day 1

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine asked me to go with her to get surgery in Mexico. Being the awesome friend I am, I, of course, said yes. A. I love her lots B. She'd do it for me and C. It's a free trip to Mexico. 

 The flight was really fast, after we finally boarded. Our plane was late, then had a hydraulic leak and we had to get a new one. 

Our shuttle guy picked us up and because I was so fascinated with San Diego, he drove us around the bay so I could take some pictures. 

We crossed the border with no incident, didn't even have to show our passports. 

We went to the hospital, got her pre-op stuff done, then came to our hotel. We went and ate dinner and I had an amazing club sandwich. Finally, we walked around a bit. She isn't feeling great because of the fasting, but we did make it to a pharmacy, to buy me some coke and see if they had Noah's medicine. 
As any of you that read this know, Noah's medicine is 499 dollars a bottle and is not covered by insurance. Therefore, it's been a 2 year battle to keep Noah healthy without the medicine he really needs. I just walked into a pharmacy, asked if they carried it, and bought 3 bottles for 24 dollars. 1500 dollars of medicine in America - for 24 bucks. I want to cry.



0 comments: