BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Beauty and Betrayal

It's been a long time since I've been here, I miss it. I think I'm going to try to do this more. I don't have much to say tonight, just a poem to share.


I called out your name
Trusting you would heal this pain,
Believing you would make it right
Loving you at very first sight.

I figured out early you didn't love me
I knew from the start flaws were all you see.
But for your love I constantly tried,
Even when it meant I lived a lie.

I gave away the one thing you wanted most
But that was when I needed you to hold me close.
My choice was impossible for you to comprehend
This one time your principles I needed to bend.
But instead you grew to hate my very being
Your heart turned cold and you stopped believing.

When I begged you to see who I really am
You realized you loved only him.
In your heart there was limited space
and how quickly you let him take my place.

So now its time to let you go
your hateful words, this lying show
Goodbye, farewell, so long for now,
maybe I'll earn your respect some day, somehow.



0 comments: