BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 12, 2010

Cows

Ok, so I have this friend that blogs every single day - with the exception of the one day she took off to give birth. And I set this lofty goal to be able to blog like that. I resign that goal right now - its not going to happen.

Now - onto the topic of today's blog-o-fun. Cows. I happen to know an insanely ridiculous amount about cows. There's actually a whole back story about why I know so much about cows and how cows have played an increasing larger part in my life as the years go on - but perhaps we will tell that story some other time.


Cows used to scare the crap out of me. Once, my car was surrounded by cows, and I needed back IN my car, and about cried trying to figure out how to move these massive gigantors away from my car. How you ever stood next to a real cow? Holy cow! Haha - no pun intended...ok, maybe a little. I digress. These things are HUGE. Like frighteningly huge. And insane. Cows are crazy. I don't know if you knew this either, but their brains are like the size of a flea. I think. Anyways, I did manage to get back in my car without incident, but the point was, they were scary.

As time as passed, and I've met more cows, I've realized that I'm no longer as scared of them. I wouldn't want to have one in my living room or anything...but they aren't that bad. And they have been on my mind the last few days.


The last couple days have been an emotional roller coaster for me. Life worked itself out, as it often does, but for a few minutes, I was insanely angry. Then insanely hurt. Then insanely scared. Then insanely determined. And then insanely peaceful. If you don't know me...I tend to be a bit extreme in personality, everything I do probably deserves an insanely in front of it. I like to call it passion, most call it clinical psychosis. And things worked out as they always do.

Your probably wondering right about now - what the heck does this have to do with cows? So I once knew this cow, that went crazy. It was pregnant, and insane. So it got locked in a trailer. Where it gave birth to twins, and in its insanity, stepped on and killed one of the twins. The other twin - well, it had an insane mother. So - what happened to the poor baby cow? They made it a baby cows hide that had died and give it to the mother cow that wasn't crazy and lost its baby. The mother sniffed it, thought it was hers, and fed it and treated it like it was hers. It grew up strong and healthy and I ate it at Wendy's the other day.

Okay, that last part wasn't true.


Anyways - the point is - Life is unpredictable. Everything in life is a mix of circumstances, reactions, and interpretation. You can be sure of nothing but the breath you are taking as you read this. But ride out the wave long enough and you will find the beach. Something sad can end happy with the right helping hand and the right determination. Without the rancher to make the "jacket" for the baby cow, the calf wound have died. Without a surrogate cow's determination, the calf would have died.

It's all a matter of perception. Never giving up. Even when you've gone crazy. Even when it seems impossible.

What random thing do you know an insane amount about?

0 comments: