BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Daily Grind


One of my favorite movies is Office Space. I don't know how many of you have seen it, but I highly recommend it. Especially if you are tired of the daily grind that so many of us do everyday. The IMDB website gives this summary:

Peter Gibbons just can't seem to catch a break. His girlfriend is cheating on him, he has an obnoxious neighbor, and he's completely miserable with his job as a small cog in a company called Initech. Then he visits a hypnotherapist, who dies just after putting Peter into a state of complete bliss. Free of worrying about making a living, he no longer feels the need to keep his job, just as the company is going through a massive downsizing. However, his new attitude only makes him more valuable in the company's eyes, and his friends Michael and Samir are fired instead. Together, they scheme to plant a virus inside Initech's computer system that will pull money into their own account.


WOW! That Summary makes this movie sound lame and boring...which isn't the case at all. It is one of the funniest movies of our generation.

Sometimes, I feel like Peter (pre-hypnotic state). Like I've just had enough of the daily ground. My life is like rush hour traffic. I switch lanes to get ahead, only to come to a dead stop and watch the lane next to me speed ahead. When I jump into that lane - magically its the lane I was just in that starts movie....... you get the picture.

Have you ever just taken a day to not care about the grind? Decided that it's not being lazy, it's just that every one once in a while it's okay not to care? I'd love to hear stories - times when you just did something spontaneous, outside of your normal grind!

0 comments: