BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trees

Lately, I've been a little too fascinated by trees. I see a tree and immediately pull my car over and take out my camera. I've taken probably 50 pictures of trees. And I really like them in the winter. They are bare and brown and dreary.

Don't get me wrong, brown and bare and dreary is not exactly my favorite form of aesthetic pleasure. But think about it. Every summer these large, unexplainable structures bloom and blossom leaf after green leaf. These leaves grow out of wood - something that shouldn't allow growth at all. And then, as if to put on a show for us, they change to amazingly vibrant and fascinating colors. Hues of greens, yellows, reds and oranges. They cling to the trees for their lives until they finally give in to bitter cold and fall to the ground. And yet, despite the death cycle they go through every single year...the stand strong and try again the next year. They never give in....they never give up.


It makes me think, each time I see a "dead" tree. We give in to the bitter cold seasons of our lives. And then, we find a way to stand strong and try again. What was your strongest moment? Do you stand tall and proud? Even when you are all alone and the color has drained from your branches, how or what do you do to continue to stand out?



On a side note - these pictures are mine. Which hopefully I will only be using my pictures from now on. :)

0 comments: