BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 112: A very happy birthday wish

When I was about 11 years old, my mom began dating a man named Eric. He has a sister Kristi. Kristi had two small kids, Jordan and Ryan.

Let me just tell you, she was the most obnoxious child I had ever met at the time. I don't really remember why I couldn't stand her, but I really couldn't. As time went on, and Eric and my mom got more serious and eventually married, solidifying my relationship with my cousins.

Throughout the years, I have gotten to be part of watching Jordan grow up. When she was little, I babysat her. When she got older, I enabled her. And when she neared adulthood, she saved me.

When Noah was born, Jordan was right there, every chance she got, or when I needed help the most.


When he wouldn't sleep, she took a turn carrying him around and singing to him.


When I was feeling totally frustrated, she took a turn playing with him.

She made his bottles and changed his diapers, she played with Bri and kept them both entertained so I could breathe.

And when I was lonely, she was there, doing homework in my living room.

And even though life has taken us different directions, she still amazes me and I am so proud of her. She is an amazing, AMAZING mother. She is a great daughter. She is a wonderful cousin. And she had grown up into a beautiful and successful person.

I don't know that Noah and I would have made it through the first year without her.

So with that, I hope that tomorrow she has a fantastic birthday and that all of her birthday wishes come true.

I love you Miss Jordan.

0 comments: