BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 23, 2011

day 120: Adventures in potty training...Part 1.

So as you're all aware - I've been seriously pursuing a teaching job in remote locations, i.e. the bush in Alaska and geographically isolated places in Hawaii.

When one seriously considers these types of life changes, one starts to have weird crazy thoughts about what to get done before you may be able to go.

What has been lingering on my mind?

My son's unwillingness to potty train.

I'm thinking - how hard will it be to find someone to watch this little tornado in the bush? And how much harder would that be if he was a 3 year old in diapers?

Weird, eh?

So I did it. I bought a potty and lots of "panties"

hahahaha. I tried to tell him that they were called undies for boys, but he insists on calling them his panties.


I got all his undies opened up, talked him through it, opened the potty and he immediately sat on it.

After about a minute - he peed!!

We clapped, we cheered, we emptied the potty and put it back together.



He sat on the potty and peed - Again! We cleaned it, cheered, clapped.

He sat down and peed....again...

third verse same as the first.

This was all in 5 minutes, by the way.


So I'm thinking, holy crap! How easy!

I ask him if he has to go again, he says no. So we put the undies on, and go out to the garage because we were going to Tammy's. I run back inside to grab my phone, come back out and guess what?

Noah peed....all over the garage.

Sigh.

We come back inside, change clothes, sit on the potty again, put new undies on and leave.

We get to Tammys and Noah wanted to go out and play. Being the diligent mom I am, I stop him and ask, do you want to go in and potty first?

Ummm No. And he's off.

10 minutes later, he pees...and poops...in his underwear.

Awesome.

0 comments: