BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 80: In Case you were wondering

In case you were wondering whether or not I actually followed through with my plan to work all day, I'd like to tell you:

The door man in the garden center at Wal-mart now knows me as the "dirt girl" and has asked me to bring in pictures when I am done.

Additionally, I have now met a young lady the moved here from Wyoming, and we had a nice conversation. I made an old lady friend who gave me more information then I could absorb about growing Strawberries here. A nice young man told me about the great crops of potatoes he has grown. And an employee there followed me around telling me to let me know when I was ready for another pallet of dirt to come down.

My car holds exactly 23 bags of Scott's Top Soil.

I am almost positive that I can feel myself getting cancer from the sunburn on my back. I'm pretty sure I'm at least at 2nd degree burns.

I have blisters in places I didn't know you could blister.

My hands have gone from dainty and smooth to that of a 25 year veteran mechanic in a span of only hours.

And if all that isn't enough proof, here are some pictures.


Bri was moderately helpful in the planting of the flowers.

Noah....was not.

This is where I ended for the day. The yard has been soaked, covered in fertilizer and grass seed, covered in a layer in top soil (which I had to empty, 1 cu foot bag at a time, then rake out into leveled areas), then watered again. I also planted a grapefruit tree and a Mandarin Orange tree. Which was a treat by the way, since digging a hole in the ground here is a bit like trying to dig a hole in cement.

The trampoline is back in place and complete with a paver walk way for the munchkins.

There is still a lot to be done, but I predict that if I can move the majority of my body parts in the morning, we will finish by tomorrow afternoon.

I'd tell you what is left, but then you wouldn't read tomorrow.

0 comments: