BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 90: Talk about it Tuesday

Finally, the return of Talk about it Tuesday.

I picked up some clearanced books out of a bin at Walmart and a couple that looked good at Walgreens.

And since I am diligently bathing Noah at ever possible moment to try to get a handle on his skin, I have had a lot of time to read this week!

The first one I read is called The Woods and is written by Harlan Coben.



I have never heard of this author before I picked up this book. But as you may know, I'm a big fan of trying out books without knowing anything about them. As much as I love James Patterson and Dean Koontz, this is still my favorite way to pick a book.

Our hero in the book goes by the nickname of Cope. A horrible crime was committed during the summer of his 17th year of life. He was supposed to be on guard duty at the summer camp that both he and his sister attended that summer, but rather, he snuck off with his then girlfriend, Lucy. That night, 4 teenage campers disappeared, one of them was Cope's sister. Only 2 bodies were ever found.

Now Cope is the lead county prosecutor in Newark, New Jersey and things suddenly start happening that will force him to search for answers again. Who really killed his sister, or is she really dead? Certainly this is a question you ask through the whole book, especially when a man ends up in the morgue, that Cope identifies as the boy whose body was never found but was presumed dead. He was alive, until now?? If he was alive, could his sister be too?

I loved this book. Not just liked loved.

It was very well written, excellent narration, colorful images. I loved that there was complexity, but not so much you couldn't follow it. I loved that it kept me guessing until the very end. I love that not only did we get to follow the 20 year old missing sister case, but also Cope's personal life, and a case that he was prosecuting, and they all intertwined very nicely.

Definite must read.

0 comments: