BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 95: Talk about it


As many of you know, I'm a big James Patterson fan. I finished my book a few days early and thought I would review it today instead of on Tuesday, while it's fresh in my mind.

This week, I read Swimsuit by James Patterson.


This book is pretty complicated, I'm not sure I can give a great summary without being completely confusing, but I'll give it a go.

A swimsuit model disappears while doing a photo shoot in Hawaii. The killer calls the parents of the girl and tells them they better head to Hawaii, because she is "not in good hands". They are loving parents and jump straight on a plane. They search for her and in the process meet a reporter, who is truly the main character of the book. His name is Ben Hawkins. The reporter befriends the parents and helps them in their search.

While they are searching, a couple of other girls disappear and are found dead.

Meanwhile, the killer is walking free, and a master of different disguises. He takes on many different roles, different faces, and he is the the scariest kind of killer. Because he isn't killing for pleasure, he's killing for a price. A price paid to him by a mysterious group, for video taping his murders.

This story is told from the killer's point of view, Ben Hawkins point of view, and a few other people spotlight it as well. It's extremely interesting, written in a way that makes you interested in every single person in the story.

Throughout the story, things happen that I NEVER saw coming. Tragedies and people dying that in traditional stories would never die. And ending that I would have NEVER guessed. Definitely recommended reading for anyone that likes a good mystery.

The only thing I didn't love about it was that it was such a long, twisted tale that I felt it perhaps deserved more of an ending. It kind of seemed like...mystery...mystery...mystery...ohherestheendingkthanksbye. The ending was Excellent, like the epilogue was great. But I would have liked detail or more ...something.



0 comments: