BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 89: Blast from Noah's Past

I was thinking today about the things I have been through with Noah.

It's hard to believe he is only 3, as at times it seems like an entire lifetime. We have been through so much in his short life.

I was trying to remember how many times he's been hospitalized. I think we are somewhere close or over the double digit mark.

I was trying to remember how many doctors we've seen. I think we are somewhere near 50.

(Yes, my awesome kid ate a battery)

The reason I bring this up is because the other day, when I thought I was going to lose my mind, I sort of realized some things.

One thing I realized is that if I had to live what Noah lives with on a daily basis, I'd be committed. Or possibly in prison. He is tortured, every day. It is no wonder that he acts out and is hard to handle.

The second is that it is my job as a mother to work for him. To be everything he needs, even if he doesn't realize he needs it. It's a fight to get the creams on him, it's a fight to get the medicine in, to get him dressed, to keep him calm. But if I don't fight for him, who will?

0 comments: