BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 86: Sprinklers

Do you ever think about the simple joys that surrounded you as a child?

Summer would wind it's way down the mountain, into the trees, the lawns, the gardens.

The air got warmer and the sun stayed out just a little longer.

Things smelled different, felt different, tasted different.


In Arizona, the summer starts a little earlier then we are used to. Things are already starting to smell green. The first seedlings of grass have begun to sprout in my garden and in my yard. The first tiny strawberry has turned pink on its' vine.

The sunsets are a little less intense, the air a little warmer. The day light a little longer.


Watching my babies, the loves of my life play tonight, reminded me of the simplicity and beauty of it all. The easy smiles that come as the sprinkler ticks away in the yard.


The curiosity of a back yard. A whole new world to 3 year old eyes. A place of mystery and giggles, of dragon battles and superman landing pads. An imaginary woods, a place of complete freedom.


A freedom, that for the first time, I am able to offer my beauties. A place where failures disappear, mistakes don't matter, bills don't exist. A place where we are all able to laugh without fear, smile without reservation, and for Noah, a place to be safe while naked! :D

0 comments: