BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 54: Ouch!

Today. Was. Spectacular.

I felt amazing, all day. Full of energy. Excited to be on the next journey in my life.

I woke up at 6am, completely unprompted, because: I slept last night! Woohoo!

Jumped outta bed, took a shower and made this delicious breakfast sandwich for myself.


This little darling features a whole wheat English Muffin (100 cal) , 1/4 cup of eggbeaters (30 cal), 2 slices of pre-cooked bacon (35 cal), 1 TBSP the healthy butter stuff I bought, I can't remember what it's called (45 cal), 1/2 part skim Mozzarella (45 cal), olive oil spray, pepper and onion powder.

Only took about 4 minutes to make and tasted Great!

I did my Yoga meltdown (Ouch!) and got the kids up and moving. Cleaned the whole house, including the bathrooms (Yuck! I hate that), and mopping the floors, and worked on the laundry.

Then Noah and I sat down and both ate a banana (90 cal) for a snack!

More laundry, more train track building, more singing with Bri to Justin Beiber.

Lunch! 1 and 1/2 slices of left over pizza from yesterday (400 cal)!

Trampoline!!!

So much fun! Such a good work out. Craziness ensued, chasing, bouncing, tunnels, rolling, dinosaur game and one almost broken finger later = sweaty!

Apples and peanut butter (270 cal) for snack!

Laundry folding, some computer, Disney channel.

And Dinner!
Chicken with Salsa Verde on Fettuccine

First, I will admit. I did not use whole wheat pasta. I'm sorry, I won't do it. I have never found a brand that didn't remind me of chewing on my dad's slippers. But I did measure out exactly one serving of pasta for each of us. And that is tricky.

Because you see. The back of the pasta pack says 1 portion is 1/4 of the bag of pasta. However, the nutritional information clearly states that a serving is 1/8 of the bag. Which is 210 calories. 1/4 of the bag is 420 calories. Pretty drastic difference.

So anyways, I combined all the things you see above to make a salsa verde. Pan seared some chicken breasts in olive oil. Put the chicken on the pasta, put the verde stuff on the chicken. And made some Green giant Broccoli with cheese sauce. Before you judge, 1 serving or 1/3 of the bag is only 45 calories. It steams right in the bag, is delicious, and my kids will eat it.

This is my plate - but I couldn't eat it all. It wasn't exceptional, but it was alright. If I make it again, I'll tweak it some, but wanted to share with you - since you all have unknowingly become my accountability partners.

Oh, and I drank, like, an unholy amount of water today. I still have to pee. :D








0 comments: