BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 64: Success

Some days, are not good days.

Today was one of them.

Where I thought all day about what success means to me, and whether or not I consider myself successful.

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure. - George Edward Woodberry

And though I am still somewhat depressed, here's what I decided.

Success means something different to each different person. pp

I have never really cared about the amount of money in my bank account, the car I drive, the clothes I wear. I don't think that it matters in the end that I have a nice house are great stuff. Because when I die, it's just stuff that people will sit around trying to figure out what to do with.

But will my kids remember me as a loving, supportive, happy mom? Will they know I did everything I could to show them I love them, to teach them, to foster their talents and passions? Will I loved with my whole heart, and will the people around me know that I did?

One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like, but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child. - Unknown

Success is trying enough times that you achieve your goals. Not giving up, even when you really want to. Finding happiness when all seems lost.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

And if that is the case, then I am succeeding. I've gotten up every time I've gotten beaten down. I've looked at death, minutes away from the end, and got up and changed my life. I love my babies with my all my heart and I tell them that every single day. I work to provide for them, and make a difference in other kids' lives in the process. What more could I ask for?


Additionally, this guy I think I'm seeing sent me this message today. While he chills at the beach without me. So wrong, but so sweet. I love it - so I thought I'd share!



0 comments: