BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 42: Talk about it Tuesday!

This week, I read The Gift by James Patterson.

Let me tell you the fundamental problem I had with this book:

I read the entire damn book before I found out it was a sequel. Thus spent 200 some pages utterly confused.



I have always liked James Patterson. I don't think he has written a book that I have read that I didn't like. And I obviously liked this one enough to read the whole thing. But the whole time I was reading, I was waiting for it all to click. Like that chapter where enlightenment comes and everything makes sense....

and it never happened.

The idea of the story is that the world has been taken over by The One and witches and wizards are being hunted and killed. The most powerful witch and wizard in the world happen to be a teenager brother and sister, whose parents have been taken, and attempt rescue missions to get other kids out of jail like places for witches and wizards. Through the whole book, the wizard is constantly thinking about a girl (which almost causes his death, more then once), that obviously has a back story, but I don't know it. How their powers work, what the limitations are, what their parents have to do with anything - is all very unclear. The story appeared choppy and confusing.

But - obviously - in the book's defense - I missed the whole first part of the story. I decided to review it here today anyways, because I did read it, and because I think it's funny that I'm such dork sometimes. I'm going to get the first book and read it - then I'll review again and let you all know!

0 comments: