BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 55: The bad with the good.

You want the good news or the bad news first?

The bad? Okay.

Noah is sick...again? still? Uh...something?

Only this time, we are up to 103.7 fever, already on antibiotics, and it's not good. I put some medicine in him and put him in my bed so I can keep an eye on the situation.

Keep you posted on that.

The other bad news?

My body feels a little like I imagine being stabbed in different muscles feels. Everything hurts. All over. Every way I move. And I fear might want to take a day off of the exercise - but won't.

The good news?

I have actually quit smoking...I think. I mean, I think once a smoker, you're always a smoker, like an alcoholic. So, it'll always be a temptation, big or small. But right now, I've conquered it. No patch in 2 days and no unmanageable cravings. Even at Tammy's where I watched Robert smoke all afternoon. It will be actually 2 weeks on Thursday since I quit, but I've been using the patch so I don't think it counts.

It has also been 2 weeks on Thursday since I have drank a soda. That one is more tempting. And I can't say I'm caffeine-less, because it's in my vitamins, and my supplement things. But no soda in. So...rockin!

The bad news?

I ate a cup of applesauce and half a special K 90 calorie cookie bar after dinner, even though I knew better. I'd already hit 1500 calories and shoulda been full. But my sweet tooth hit and I couldn't shut it up. So it was like 145 calories extra. I was mad at myself. But I also traced the source back to not eating a healthy afternoon snack. I skipped it since I was getting Bri...shouldn't have done that.

The good news?

I made a delicious dinner. I grilled steak and served it with spinach pesto and sauteed almonds and green beans. I didn't love the green beans, but the steaks and pesto was A+. The pesto was just 2 cups baby spinach, 2 Tbsp almonds, 2 Tbsp Parm cheese and 1 Tbsp minced garlic, blended with 2 Tbsp water and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Super super good.


I also fit in both work outs today. 30 minutes of Shred it w/Weights with Jillian Michaels this morning and 30 min of CardioMax with Bob Harper this evening. Yay!

How did you all do today?

0 comments: