BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 21: Out of the Closet Consequences


So - my cat finally came out of the damn closet. Super excited about that. She slept in bed with me...and Noah (seriously, still waiting for someone to give me brilliant advice)... for most of the night.

I once had a cat named Smokey. When I first moved in with my ex-husband, I was very lonely so he got me a cat out of the newspaper. We got it back to the apartment and it ran under the couch. That stupid cat stayed under the couch for like 11 days. Never touched it's food, never used the litter box, never peed or pooped under there. Nothing. I told my exhusband that I hated that cat, it didn't like me.

11 days later it came out and was the most awesome pet I've ever had. I still miss him. Cats are weird creatures.

In other news, Noah gave himself a hair cut today.

Okay, I helped.


He used to be really afraid of the clippers. So I bought some safety guards and let him try to hold it and show him it wasn't scary. Now, he always has to make the first run at it. But he is so much cuter and easier to keep clean with his little buzzed noggin.

Well, I think I came up with an appropriate punishment for my naughty little darling daughter. First, if she had you on Facebook, you may notice she no longer has one. She also no longer has her computer, which she can earn back at some later, undecided date. But for Disney games and Nick games only.

Also, She lost her TV watching privileges until she had written "I will not lie" 500 times and and apology explaining why lying was wrong. Apparently I hit the right nerve because she worked on it all night and actually finished. With a sore hand and a vow to never lie again (yea right), we are back to square one.

Being a parent is hard. Being a young parent is harder. Being a single, young parent is an incredible challenge. Being 18 and having a baby was amazing. I was in heaven and knew that being a mommy was totally my calling. Being 21 with a 3 year was harder. Being 27 and feeling not much older then your pre-teen kid...well, it's a constant challenge. I love my kids, both of them, to pieces, but I definitely feel in over my head some times.

Anyone else ever feel that way?

0 comments: