BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 28: Talk about it Tuesday!

Yes, My next themed day!

As some of you may know - I am a HUGE movie fan. I also LOVE to read.

My goal is to read one book a week - though that doesn't happen as much as I'd like. So once a week, I will either review a book or a movie I read or watched that week and let you know what I think!

If you have suggestions, I'm always open to them!

This week, I read Salvation In Death by J.D. Robb.

This is an ongoing series by the widely popular Nora Roberts. Under her alias, J.D. Robb, to my nearest count, she has written 47 books in this series. I have read almost of them, with the exception of the last 7 or so, starting with this one.

The neatest thing about this series is the ability to follow one character throughout her life. The people she meets, the crimes she solves, her relationship and ultimate marriage, her past. Of course it's over indulgent and definitely a little to happily ever after, but I love them!

Salvation in Death did not disappoint. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is a cop in 2060, after the Urban Wars, in the age of auto chefs, drying tubes, flying cars, licensed prostitutes, and fake coffee beans. In this episode of the series, a priest (or...is he?) is poisoned by the wine from communion in front of a packed church. Her investigation leads through a tangled web of lies and fake IDs and face work, and ultimately, the murder of a big, hokey televangelist type preacher, in a very similar fashion (that she suspects from the get go to be a copy cat).

Lots of twists and turns. A complex plot that keeps you guessing until the very last chapter. And its a pretty light read, I finished it in a matter of a couple hours total.

If you are interested in this series - the first book is called: Naked in Death.

And you can see a complete list - here! (Click the word here)

0 comments: