BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 27: Manic Monday

I am still debating out the different days and themes that I want to do. But one thing I did decide to do is Manic Monday.

On Mondays, I will look at different disorders, diseases, things I find interesting, newspaper articles, television and movie stereotypes or stereotype breakers, and hopefully break some stereotypes that my readers may have at the same time.

So today, for my first Manic Monday, I'd like to talk about impulsivity.

Okay, so what kind of things does an impulsive person do?

Reckless driving (speeding, etc.)
Excessive spending
Risky sexual behavior
Gambling
Substance abuse
Excessive relocation
Self-injury
Suicidal tendencies or acts

When you make a choice to get up, stop for coffee, go to work...those things seem completely normal to you, right?

Well, gambling away your life savings, sleeping with complete strangers, running away, planning your death...those seem completely normal to someone in an impulsive phase. Just like you going to work, calling you best friend, watching your favorite shows sound completely normal to you.

Alright all that being said - I thought I would give you all a completely tangible example. So for your viewing pleasure, a timeline, complete with pictures.

2001 - Where I started as an Adult
Casper, Wy (3 different places)

2003 - Moved to Mesa, Az (2 different places)

2004 - Moved to Payson, Az (2 different places)

2004 - Moved to Mesa, Az

2004 - Moved to Casper, Wy

2006 - Moved to Federal Heights, Co (2 different places)

2007 - Moved to Casper, Wy

2010 - Moved to Apache Junction, Az


In case you weren't counting, that's 13 different places. In 9 years.

Moving is my impulse, what's yours?

0 comments: