BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 11: Chef I Am

Alright - Not really. But I am trying to cook more delicious food at home. I've never liked to cook. Especially when it's just me and the kids. However, I'm really realizing the cost of eating out and want to become a better cook. I refuse to call it a New Year's Resolution...but it's something like that.


So I started yesterday by making the kids milkshakes while I cook. They were so good. I used frozen pink lemonade, milk, frozen strawberries and ice cream. They were a bit tart and sweet - so good!


Then I set out to make some Fettuccine Alfredo that would make the Olive Garden jealous. I used my new Paula Dean Cookware - that I love by the way. I have had it about 2 months and it is amazing stuff. I melted the unsalted butter and started the noodles. Added in some heavy whipping cream til it was boiling, then mixed the sauce, Parmesan and Romano cheese in with the cooked noodles and Voila!

I also made a Caesar Salad and threw some of the extra cheese on it.

Oh...my...gosh. It was so incredibly good. I really did manage to do better then Olive Garden and Bri loved it. Noah didn't seem to like it as much but he's also been in a bad mood the last couple days, so who knows. I'll definitely be making it again! By the way - the Alfredo recipe I used I got from Emeril.

Tonight I made Honey Dijon Blue Cheese Burgers. I didn't take pictures of them because well, a burger is a burger. But they were great also. I even got Bri to eat a whole hamburger, which never happens!

How was everyone's New Year? Any great recipe ideas I should try?

0 comments: